Immigration Lawyer Basel Switzerland – English speaking immigration consultant in Basel City

We provide our clients with assistance in all procedures and represent them before the competent immigration authorities.

Obtaining work permits for employees of a Company.
Corporate migration (inbound/inward), relocating to Switzerland.

Obtaining residence permits for retirees.
Assistance in naturalization procedures.
Applying for family reunification for EU/EFTA and non EU/EFTA citizens

Switzerland is not a member of the European Union. However, it has signed the Agreement on the Free Movement of Persons and is therefore part of the Schengen/Dublin area, thus promoting the free movement of persons under certain conditions. However, the Swiss system of granting permits and nationality remains complex and may be subject to quotas depending on the nationality of the applicant. In some instances, competencies are being conferred on the cantons and municipalities.

Permit: The requirements for obtaining a permit for an EU/EFTA citizen have become more favourable in recent years, while the requirements for obtaining a permit for a non-EU citizen remain cumbersome. However, it is likely that in the context of a global and worldwide economic crisis, such as the health epidemic that broke out in the spring of 2020, the regulations for entry and residence in Switzerland will be more stringent, even for EU/EFTA nationals.

There are many different permits to work and/or reside in Switzerland: short-term permit (L permit), residence permit (B permit), settlement permit (C permit), residence permit with gainful employment (Ci permit), cross-border commuter permit (G permit), etc.

Our immigration attorneys advise individuals from the EU/EFTA and non-EU member states on residence with a purpose of work-related activities, residence without a purpose of work, such as obtaining a lump-sum tax credit in certain Swiss cantons, residence for educational purposes or family reunification.